As part of my doctoral studies, I am a machine learning researcher at Prof. Schütte's research group since March 2020. I'm also working as a machine learning researcher at Porsche AG, Stuttgart, in the Emerging Technologies team.
My main research activities revolve around Machine Learning for Enhancing In-Vehicle Experience. These activities are driven by the objective of delivering excellent research in well-known research publications.
Technologically, I focus on Learning-based Computer Vision for Mixed Reality applications.
Furthermore, I am co-leading (together with my colleage Felix Weber) the chair's research and development project concerning Digital Technologies for Enhancing Automated Decision Making in Retailing Business.
Amonst my fields of broader interest are
- Data Engineering at Web Scale, in particular for Timeseries Data
- Scalable (Cloud) Application Architectures for Data-Intensive Apps
- App Design, esp. User Experience in Data-Intensive Apps
Students interested in any of these topics: Feel free to contact me! I happy to develop a topic together with you for your student project (Bachelor-/Masterprojekt) or student paper (Bachelor-/Masterarbeit) that fits your interests and expectations.
I am currently only accepting student projects and student papers with a strong technical or formal emphasis. Please check my collegues' profiles, should you prefer a topic that doesn't involve git or latex.
Students interested in working
- on progressive web-app development for single-page applications (e. g. React or vue.js)
- on mobile app development (e. g. ReactNative or Flutter, iOS-native, Android-native)
- on service backend design and implementation (e. g. GraphQL, RESTful API, OpenAPI; e.g. Spring Boot, Flask; Docker)
- in a machine learning framework (e. g. scikit-learn or TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet)
are encouraged to contact me as we are currently ramping up staff for the above-mentioned R&D project. Involvement as part of projects, papers and assistantships (also Studentische oder Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft (SHK/WHK)) is possible. I believe that "Passion > Experience" holds. Given you like code, you're highly welcome to reach out even without previous experience in the matter you're interested in.
Please refer to my LinkedIn profile.
IT Architectures as part of the Digital Business Innovation and Transformation (M.Sc.)