- Since 10/2019: Study of Information Systems (degree: Master of Science), University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
- Since 10/2013 to 10/2019: Study of Information Systems (degree: Bachelor of Science), University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
- Since 01/2017: Student Assistant at the Chair of Information Systems and Strategic IT Management, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
- Since 10/2016: Student Assistant (Tutor), Dekanat, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany
- Ahlemann, F.; Werner, M.; Karger, E.; Brée, T.; Barth, P.; Kreimendahl, S.; Obermeier, S.; Peters, M.: Future IT Report 2020, Campana & Schott, 2020. BIB DownloadDetails
- Rehring, K.; Brée, T.; Gulden, J.; Bredenfeld, L.: CONCEPTUALIZING EA CITIES: TOWARDS VISUALIZING ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURES AS CITIES. In: Proceedings of the 27th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS). Stockholm & Uppsala, Sweden 2019. PDFVolltextBIB DownloadKurzfassungDetails
Enterprise Architectures (EAs) are commonly visualized in the form of text, numbers, tables, graphs, models, and diagrams. These information visualization types are used to describe EAs in today’s organizations, but often lack an intuitive representation. In this paper, we provide another form of EA visualization utilizing the city metaphor. This spatial metaphor is suitable for visualizing complex information structures and potentially facilitates easy understanding of EAs, especially for non-IT staff. Based on a literature review and three rounds of open card sorting, we mapped eleven classes of EA objects to city elements. Our results enabled us to develop a formal language that allows an implementable and human-readable specification of various views, which we call EA City. We created an early stage 3D EA City prototype to demonstrate its applicability. Our model provides a solid foundation for further work on the city metaphor in the context of EA visualization.